Hair, Makeup, Shaving
The better you look and feel, the more money you will make! Confidence in your appearance and the state of your body is incredibly important when you get on camera.
Viewers on a cam site could be interested or attracted to many different appearances and looks. Some may enjoy girls with long dark flowing hair, others like it short and colorful... others may enjoy a girl with full, bushy pubic hair! It's all about finding what your style is, and maintaining that in a healthy and confident way.
Clearly everyone's hair is different, and we all have different preferences for what style, color, and length of hair we sport. Due to this, it's hard to compile a list of tips or tricks for hair care but here are a few general ones:
- Brush it, comb it, make it neat. While some viewers may appreciate seeing a "fresh out of bed" look on their favorite girl once in a while, it isn't the best idea to appear on cam "unkempt."
- During shows where lotion or oil is involved, get your hair out of the way. Not only can it be a mess to get oil or lotion in your locks, but it looks a bit silly when your hair is getting stuck all over your body while its sticky.
- Your regulars may have strong reactions if you suddenly change your hair style drastically. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to change your appearance whenever you like, but just be prepared for tons of questions and comments about it from your viewers when you do. This goes for any major change in appearance, though.
Here are some tips and tricks collected from other cam girls on ACF:
- Get a foundation that matches your skintone as closely as possible, and don't over-dose on the bronzer unless your body is as tan as your face.
- To get a better perspective, load up your webcam while you're putting on makeup, (not whilst you're camming), and use that as a mirror for putting on your foundation. Sometimes your makeup will look completely different on your cam feed than in your mirror. This will help you get the look you want to appear on cam.
- Rose-hued blushes make a great substitute for bronzer; they look natural, and they give you that classic sexy "flush" which gives the impression that you're incredibly aroused.
- Prioritize fruity lip balms over glosses: they keep your lips moist for longer and taste yummy as opposed to disgusting if you're doing a ton of stuff with your mouth.
- Lipliner not only helps your lips look fuller (by gently applying it on / a little over your natural lip-line and smudging it to blend in with your natural lip colour), but defines them beautifully.
- Try to avoid red eye makeup if you are not a makeup-god type of person - it will make you look ill. If you do decide to do red. line your eyes in black to create a shape around your eyes.
- A little glow can look hot, but the wonders of face powder prevent you from looking too sweaty if you're working longer hours! If a show has been particularly strenuous, apply a little powder when between shows.
- Eyebrows are so very important, don't forget them. Show your brows some love.
- If you wear dark eye makeup, remember that it makes your eyes look smaller. You can combat this by putting a light shade on your brow bone and your eyelid. White works wonders.
- Don't be afraid to put makeup on the rest of your body. Covering up a few blemishes, bruises, scars, etc can really make you look stellar.
- Skip glitter on cam. It doesn't show up the way it does in person and makes you look shiny.
- If you're going to wear fake lashes, put on black eyeliner, then mascara your natural lashes lightly, then the fake lashes, then more mascara to sort of blend your natural and fake lashes, and then touch up your eyeliner if necessary.
- And have fun! :D Don't say to yourself that you can't do X Y or Z just because it's "not you" or "you're not good enough." Practice makes perfect and playing with makeup is always fun.
Here are some youtube channels that are popular for makeup tutorials.
Body Hair Removal
While some viewers may be very excited by a full bush "down there", it is extremely common for cam girls to be mostly hairless when it comes to underarms, legs and bikini area. Legs and underarms seem to be relatively simple to keep hair-free, but maintaining your hair style in your bikini area can be troublesome and tedious. These are the most common processes of hair removal and some tips on how to go about them.
The quickest and most popular form of hair removal. Girls with sensitive skin may have trouble with "razor rash" and ingrown hairs from shaving, though. Here are some tips to minimize irritation:
- Exfoliate! Sloughing off dead skin (gently) can help reduce the amount of ingrown hairs (as they tend to get trapped under a layer of skin).
- Shaving "with the grain" is a common recomendation, but does leave a bit of visible hair. Shaving against the direction the hair grows will get a closer, smoother result, but also irritates the skin more.
- Use an unscented shaving cream or gel, or "Coochy Cream" which is made for shaving girly parts. It has the consistency of hair conditioner and doesn't lather.
- Don't go over the same spot multiple times with your razor.
- Use a razor with less blades. It has been theorized that the more blades there are, the more irritated your skin could get. This of course goes along with the advice to not go over the same spot multiple times.
Waxing essentially rips the hair out by the root. It can be pretty painful and jarring, but it leaves you much smoother and softer than shaving, and leaves you hair-free for a longer period of time than shaving.
In order to be waxed, you'll need to grow your hair out to be at least 1/4 inch long in order for the wax to grab on to it. This means that in between waxing sessions you'll need to have a period of time where you're a bit hairy. The results of the wax last anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks, and the next appointment would be necessary within 4-6 weeks (depending on the rate of your hair growth.)
It is recommended to exfoliate the waxed area 24 hours after the appointment in order to minimize ingrown hairs.
There are waxing kits you can purchase and use at home, or you can go to a spa or waxing professional.
Sugaring is pretty much the same process as waxing, only it uses a special formula of sugar instead of melted wax.
Laser Hair Removal is a permanent solution that can reduce the regrowth of your hair up to 100%. Results will vary for everyone based on their hair growth rate and the color/texture of their hair. Laser does not work on blonde or extremely fine hair. They say that the darker and courser the hair follicles are and the lighter the skin, the more successful the Laser treatment is. It takes multiple sessions over the course of a year or few for maximum results, though some people may see basic results even after one session.
Depending on the exact Laser device used, the sessions can be relatively painful. Some people report that it feels like a rubber band being snapped on their skin. Depending on your skin sensitivity, it could leave the treated areas red and swollen for a short period of time after the treatment.
Exposure to the sun or UV rays on the treated areas is not allowed while you're undergoing Laser Hair Removal sessions.
If you're considering Laser Hair Removal, read article at WebMD for what to expect and some extra general information.
Similar to waxing/sugaring, an epilator rips your hairs out by the root. It can be painful, but it's something to consider! Here is the actual Wikipedia page about epilating so you can explore this option in more detail.