Difference between revisions of "Snapchat"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
== Contributor to this Page ==
== Contributor to this Page ==
Special thank you to [[
Special thank you to [] and [[Miss Lollipop]] for writing this page.
Latest revision as of 14:16, 6 April 2016
Snapchat is a free picture and video messaging application for mobile devices only. Users can take photos or record videos. Then, users may add filters, text, or sketch overlays and send them to selected friends. Users set how long their friends can view their Snaps, which range from 1 to 10 seconds, after which the snap will be deleted and cannot be viewed again.
Snaps can be sent to friends privately or to My Story. Snaps sent to My Story last for 24 hours and anyone that is on your friends list can view, with no limit on views, in that 24 hour period. Users can have multiple snaps go to My Story for a compilation of pictures and/or videos.
Direct messaging is also a feature, where you can send messages to users that you have befriended on Snapchat. By default, messages are deleted after they are read. You can also send messages in response to pictures, videos, and/or My Story.
- It is very important to never sync your phone number or device with Snapchat if you are using a phone that you also use for your personal life. If you do, your personal friends and/or family members may find your cam girl Snapchat. Unless you have a dedicated phone or device that is only for camming, never sync Snapchat with your phone and/or device.
- Although photos and videos are deleted on the Snapchat application itself, and Snapchat will notify you if someone has taken a screenshot, it is best to not view this as an absolute. There are many programs in which users may capture videos and photos that are sent through Snapchat undetected. Please assume that anything you send through Snapchat, like anything else on the internet, is there forever.
Typically, cam girls accept payment for users to have access to their Snapchat through their cam site. Many cam girls sell Snapchat at a monthly rate and/or a forever rate. If you're not sure yet how you want to use snapchat be wary of offering it forever in case you change your mind or find you need to raise prices. It is advisable to add a user to your Snapchat only after payment has been received. If a cam girl has a monthly Snapchat rate, it is advisable for the cam girl to keep good records to ensure that a member is notified and removed after the month is up.
It's also important to note that it is against Snapchat's rules for the application to be used as a service for adults, in the way many cam girls may use it. There have been reports of cam girls that have been banned from Snapchat for this reason. It is best to be discreet and know that this is a potential risk when using Snapchat for any cam girl related services.
Tips and Tricks
- Camgirls use snapchat in a variety of different ways. Some post a lot of photos and videos every day. Some post only to their story. Some send only occasional snaps. Be clear with members about what they can expect and what your rules are.
- You can change member display names by going into "My Friends" from the pull down top menu. Tap the member's name then tap the settings cog on the right then select "Edit Name". You can change the name to match their camsite name, add a letter or emoji in front to group members, and even add an expiry date to the name to help you keep track.
- If you choose to send direct snaps in addition to or instead of sending to your story you'll find out quickly there is no 'select all' button. If you have a lot of snapchat subscribers, this can be tiresome. You can use emojis or letters in front of the name to group them to make this process easier.
- To save a chat so it does not dissapear tap it lightly and it will turn grey.
- If you want to take handsfree snaps you can use a bluetooth enabled shutter or selfie stick.
You may find yourself approached by various people or organizations to do a "Snapchat Takeover". This means they have a free snapchat account that has a lot of followers and you log into the account from your phone and post snaps for a period of time (usually one day) to the story. The purpose is to give you exposure and hopefully new subscribers to your snapchat. If you decide to do a snapchat takeover do your research on the account you're taking over. Some like Manyvids are reputable and have a great many followers, others are just looking for free nudes on twitter.
Snapchat allows users to send and recieve money using the service. It is against the TOS of snapchat to use snapcash for adult services and if you decide to use it anyway you should exercise the same extreme caution in regards to your personal information and privacy.