Health and Hygiene
This page needs to be completed...
Feminine health and hygiene are already important subjects, but especially so if you are a cam girl.
Disclaimer: You should always consult a doctor if you have any medical concerns. For information about particular products, you should check the manufacturer’s instructions and information. This wiki is not a medical source.
- 1 Sex Toys
- 2 Vaginal Hygiene and Issues
- 3 Girl/Girl Shows
- 4 Menstrual Cycles
If you do masturbation shows, you'll likely be using some sort of toys. It is very important to keep all of your toys clean because it is possible to pass on infections, including STI’s, through toy use. You should always wash your toys after each use. Different types of toys have different requirements as far as cleaning. Most toys will come with instructions regarding cleaning and disinfecting, but these are some basic guidelines for various materials.
Tips for All Toys:
- If your toy has batteries, be sure to remove them before cleaning.
- Don’t submerge electrical components in water and do not get these parts wet.
- Be sure that your toy is completely dry before you store it to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- If the toy has a vibrator in it, be sure to remove it if you plan on boiling the toy or running it through the dishwasher to disinfect it, even if the vibrator is waterproof. It is not made to withstand high heat.
- Most toys can be cleaned with soap and warm water. If you use antibacterial soap, the soap must remain on the toy for at least two minutes to kill the bacteria. There are also toy cleaner sprays that should be safe for toys.
- Be sure to wash off all soap or cleaner when you’re done!
Cleaning your toys, sorted by material:
These do not absorb bodily fluids or collect bacteria as easily.
- Silicone Soap and water, toy cleaner, boiling water (5 minutes), or top rack of dishwasher.
- Stainless Steel Soap and water, toy cleaner, boil or soak in (50:50) water and bleach solution (10 minutes), or dishwasher.
- Hard Plastic Soap and water or toy cleaner. Do not boil.
- Glass Soap and water or toy cleaner. If it is Pyrex/Borosilicate, dishwasher or boiling water are also options. Do not to expose to harsh temperature changes or the glass may crack or become unstable.
These have tiny, or sometimes larger, holes in them where bacteria and other things can get stuck or be absorbed, take more care in washing.
- Nylon Often used for straps and harnesses and are machine or hand washable. Not dryer safe.
- Leather Can be cleaned with a cloth and soapy water or leather cleaner, though it is very porous and difficult to get completely clean. Do not soak. Pat dry initially and then lay flat to dry completely, do not hang or leather might stretch. If desired, you can treat the leather after cleaning with a leather conditioner. Be careful to keep any metal parts dry or they may rust.
The following toys can all be cleaned using mild soap and water or toy cleaner. These are the most porous of all so be sure they are cleaned thoroughly because they are the most at risk for bacteria. Soap and chemicals can also get absorbed by them so rinse thoroughly and allow to dry completely. For toys that are sticky, you can dust them very lightly with cornstarch after they are completely dry to keep dust and particles from sticking to them.
- Silicone Blends
- Soft Plastic
- Soft Skin/Cyberskin/Vinyl
- Be sure to store your sex toys in a cool, dry, clean place.
- Make sure that none of your silicone toys are kept in a place where they can touch each other, because after extended contact they will melt and need to be thrown away. Make sure that silicone based lube is closed securely as it will also melt silicone toys.
- Many toys come with cases or bags, or you can always buy these separately. It is recommended that you keep your toys in a bag or case of some kind to keep them safe and clean.
Vaginal Hygiene and Issues
Keeping your girly parts healthy and happy make your job as a cam girl much easier.
- Cleansers that won't irritate
- Yeast Infections
- Bacterial Infections
- Lube, lotion, oil sensitivities
When planning to do a girl/girl (or a couples show with someone other than your actual partner) it's important to remember health and safety concerns.
Routine STD/STI Checks
It is highly recommended that you get tested for STD’s/STI’s in between sexual partners, including partners for girl/girl shows. There are lots of places that will run these tests for you, but they will not be run automatically during your routine gynecological exams so be sure to ask for them. Check and be sure that they are testing for all STD’s/STI’s and that they will give you a physical copy of your results so that you may show it to your girl/girl show partner(s). Depending on where you are being tested, it can take as long as a couple of weeks to get results back. Be sure to find out how long it will take so that you have your results in time for your girl/girl show!
It is possible to transfer infections, including STI’s, to a partner when sharing toys and playing with other models. There is also a possibility of causing bacterial imbalances when fluids are shared between women, such as Bacterial Vaginosis. It is very important to clean your toys after each use and before using the toy in another part of the body (mouth, vagina or anus). It is recommended that you use a condom on your toys and put a new condom on when switching to another partner or body part. It is suggested that you each use your own toys, if possible, but if you will be sharing toys, be certain to keep them cleaned and disinfected.
It isn't necessary to completely stop camming while you're flowing. Below are some products and tips that will help keep you earning if you'd rather do something more than a "panties on" show for the time.
Diva cups, or Softcups, are flexible cone-shaped containers. They are made of rubber, silicone, latex or plastic depending on the brand that you use. There are different sizes so be sure that you have the right one for your body. It is placed inside your vagina over your cervix to catch and collect the menstrual fluid. It does not soak it up, but is meant to keep it from leaking out. This allows the model to continue using toys and fingers for shows without a tampon string visible and with more room for play.
It is possible for the ring/cup to slip; this can cause the collected fluid to be released, so be sure that it is secure, but also comfortable. Make sure that if you’re using toys or fingers they are not disturbing or bumping into the cup.
These are just what they sound like: a natural sponge that you place inside of your vagina like a tampon to soak up the menstrual fluid from your period. Make sure that you buy a sponge specifically designed for this, not any sponge will do. Finger play and gentle penetration should be fine, but pay attention to be sure that you do not move the sponge out of place.
Tampon String Tuck or Cut
This is a very simple method that you can use to cam during your period and requires only a tampon. The tampon is inserted and the string is cut and/or tucked inside of your vagina until not visible from the outside. External and clitoral stimulation and play is possible through this method.
It is also completely acceptable to do more low-key shows during this time! If you'd prefer to just keep your panties/pants on and focus on other activities, you can! Here are some show ideas that can be accomplished without getting naked:
- Oil/lotion boobs
- Beautiful Agony style cum show (the camera only shows your face or face and boobs) with only clit stimulation
- Hitachi/vibrator on top of panties cum show
- Sensual dildo blow job (don't forget the eye contact!)
- Creative/crafty/art shows (auctions or raffles for your craft as incentive to tip)